Patch & Associates helps companies like yours find, and retain the very best and brightest senior executives and managers in public relations, corporate communications, and marketing.
Below are the salary results for the 4th quarter of 2010 based on Patch & Associates’ work that quarter.
- All positions successfully filled in the 4th quarter were in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- The 4th quarter was the busiest quarter of 2010 for Patch & Associates Inc.
- Unusual interest in search services for candidates with 5-8 years of experience.
- A renewed spike in the request for search services for Directors and Vice Presidents of Marketing.
- All candidates hired through Patch & Associates were currently employed and technically not looking for employment.
- Consumer Online, Social Networking, Cloud Computing, Healthcare (pharmaceuticals and medical devices) and Software industries had the most activity.
- The market for exceptional talent is competitive despite high unemployment.
- Compensation appeared to be influenced by the size and revenue of the client company. Slightly higher base salaries resulted from larger more profitable companies. Smaller companies in size and revenue offered more equity as a general rule.
- Candidates with 5 years’ experience were paid at the high end of that range in the 5-8 years’ experience category.
PUBLIC RELATIONS SALARIES
5-8 Years of PR Experience:
- Base Salary: $72,000 to $80,000.
- Typical Titles: Public Relations Manager, Account Supervisor.
9-13 Years of PR Experience:
- Base Salary: $155,000-$160,000.
- Typical Titles: Director of Public Relations, Director of Public Relations and Communications, Director of Public Relations and Marketing Communications.
15-18 Years of PR Experience:
- Base Salary: $170,000-$175,000
- Typical Titles: Senior Manager of Public Affairs, Senior Manager of Corporate Communications, Director of Communications
Industries included Technology, Consumer Online, Cloud Computing, Healthcare, Enterprise Software and Marketing.
15-20 Years of Marketing Experience:
- Base Salary: $185,000-$230,000.
- Industries: Consumer Technology, Professional Services, Financial Services, Enterprise Software
- Typical Titles: Director of Marketing, Vice President of Marketing.
Please contact Patch & Associates for more information.